COVID-19 UPDATE - JUNE 6th
Thank you to all of our customers for your loyalty, your patience, & your support!
To recap our current operations:
- Our REPAIR SHOP IS OPEN (and VERY busy!) PLEASE CALL AHEAD!
- Our PHONE LINES AND EMAIL ARE OPEN!
- Our DOORS ARE STILL LOCKED.
- Our SHOWROOM IS STILL CLOSED.
- CURBSIDE PICK UP & DROP OFF IS WORKING & ENCOURAGED!
New for June!
INDOOR APPOINTMENTS ARE NOW AVAILABLE for the following purposes:
- E-Bike Purchases
- Apparel Purchases
- Shoe Purchases
- Helmet Purchases.
- Post-purchase Road Bike Adjustments
- Other services as deemed necessary by the team.
If you choose to make an appointment for one of the above reasons, here’s what to expect when you visit:
- Our team member will be wearing a mask in an effort to protect you.
- We request that you also wear a mask. (If you don’t have one,we can provide one for you.)
- Attempts will be made to limit time in the store to 10-15 minutes, with the primary purpose of visits being size/colour confirmations (trying on shoes, apparel, etc.)
- Customers will be walked to a designated area of the store that allows for proper physical distancing, and requested items will be brought to them. (ie, No “browsing” at this time, please.)
- Customers will be encouraged to limit touching & handling of products to those they are considering purchasing.
- Limit of 2 family members per indoor appointment please.
- All appointments MUST be pre-arranged by telephone or email. No walk-ups permitted at this time.
An update on Bike Inventory:
As many of you are already aware, bike availability across the country has become one of the biggest challenges the bike industry is facing right now, and our shop is no exception. The good news is that Trek has been working hard to roll out their new 2021 models of many of their popular models. Things are now starting to trickle in, and we’re expecting to see some decent bike shipments arriving later this month! If you’re in the market for a new bike this season, we strongly suggest that you start the conversation with us now - don’t wait! Due to the unprecedented demand for bikes, we are now accepting deposits on bicycles due to arrive over the next 2 months. Call or email us, and we can help you figure out what will best suit your needs, and help you navigate what will be available and when.
An update on our Repair Centre:
Yes, we are BUSY!! With the increased demand for repairs this season & the increased time needed related to COVID-19 Protocols, it’s not surprising that our turnaround times have increased too! We are working very hard to get through repairs as quickly as possible, but sometimes there are unforeseeable delays in repairs. Every attempt is made to give our customers reasonable expectations for turnaround times. But, we do NOT want to sacrifice repair quality for the sake of a timeline. Please know that our awesome mechanics are working full-time & over-time to get your bikes back to you. We have chosen NOT to hire new mechanics at this time, as quality assurance is extremely important to us. The wait times might be longer, but you can trust that the service is still the same high quality you have come to trust. We apologize in advance for unexpected delays, and we appreciate your understanding and patience.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO:
- HAVE PATIENCE with us as we navigate this next stage of reopening.
- CALL AHEAD for all service & sales needs.
- LEAVE US A MESSAGE with full name & phone number! Phone lines are BUSY - but we WILL get back to you!! (But not without a name & phone number - lol!)
- EMAIL US with your questions if you can’t get through on the phone!
- Utilize our CURBSIDE DROPOFF & PICK-UP SERVICES whenever possible.
- Make payments via E-TRANSFER OR CREDIT CARD over the phone, whenever possible, prior to picking up your repair or products.
- WATCH FOR UPDATES on our social media channels & website!
Stay safe everyone!
Please continue to practice physical distancing.
Please continue to take the threat of COVID-19 seriously.
Please continue to enjoy the outdoors responsibly.
Ride bikes… Have fun… Feel good!
Wishing good health to all,
Your Trek Kingston Team