FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
So many questions... Don't worry! We're here to help.
Q: WHAT ARE YOUR CURRENT COVID-19 OPERATING PROCEDURES?
A: For the most up to date operating policies & procedures, please visit our "COVID-19 UPDATES" page, found HERE.
Q: CAN WE COME INSIDE TO SHOP YET?
A: Yes! (But you won't find any in-stock bikes right now...)
As of Friday, July 16th, Provincial Re-Opening Stage 3 allows us to operate at a capacity that allows physical distancing. We will be operating with a maximum of 10 customers in the store at any time. Appointments are still always welcome to maximize efficiency during your visit.
Q: DO I NEED AN APPOINTMENT TO SHOP FOR ACCESSORIES OR CLOTHING?
However, if you call ahead to discuss what you're looking for, we can maximize the efficiency of your visit by having some items ready for you. (or let you know if we do or don't have something in stock).
If you feel confident in purchasing items without coming in, we encourage you to make your purchases using one of the following alternative methods:
- ONLINE - Via this website...THE most efficient way to purchase any in-stock item! Most orders are being fulfilled within 24 hours - Please be sure to monitor your junkmail & spam folders for your pickup notices!
- PHONE - Call us, and we can help you select your items over the phone.
- EMAIL - Via firstname.lastname@example.org... Email us what you need, we will check stock, send you an invoice, collect payment via e-transfer, and have your items ready for curbside pickup.
Q: DO I NEED AN APPOINTMENT TO SHOP FOR A BIKE?
We do not have inventory of new bikes, so it's not possible to "browse" for bikes, or sit on bikes for sizing purposes.
We do encourage you to start your bike shopping by submitting an Online "Pre-Order Inquiry Form". Fill out the form, and one of our team will be in touch to let you know if we can match you to one of our bikes on backorder. Requests are attended to in the order which they are received. Due to the high volume of inquiries, it may be a few days before we get back to you.
If you want to speak to someone in person about your next bike purchase, please call us, and we will make a phone or in-store appointment for you to speak with one of our sales staff.
Q: WHY ARE BIKES SO HARD TO GET THIS YEAR?!
A: There has been a massive increase in demand for bikes since the pandemic began…
While the current “bike boom” is fantastic news for people’s health and the environment, it is, at the same time, making the process of purchasing a new bike a frustrating task at times. The supply chain cannot keep up to the global demand for bicycles, and that means there is a shortage of bikes. Not just here, but everywhere. The good news is that we DO have hundreds of bikes on order, and we receive shipments every week. Many of our most popular models are already sold out for summer shipments… Please refer to our online Pre-Order Inquiry Form, and we will be in touch to help outline the current timelines for getting your new bike.
Q: HOW DO I “PRE-ORDER” A BIKE FROM YOUR STORE?
A: Follow the steps below to get in the queue for one of the bikes that we expect to see in 2021:
- Submit your Pre-Order Inquiry Form, and we can help you narrow down your options. Please share as much information as possible via this form.
- A member of our sales team will be in touch with you to discuss available options and estimated timelines for receiving your bike.
- Place a deposit on the bike you want. (Pre-order deposit, pricing & refund policies are outlined below).
- Sit back and relax, knowing that at some point, some day, you WILL get a call that your new bike has arrived!
Bike Pre-Order Deposit, Pricing & Refund Policies:
For bicycle pre-orders with an ETA within 90 days of the order, we require a 50% deposit upfront. For bikes with an ETA beyond 90 days, we require a $100-$500 (refundable) deposit. Bike prices quoted are subject to change, and the final price of the bike will be equal to, but not greater than, Trek’s MSRP at time of pick-up. Parts specifications, frame styles and colours on brand new bicycles are also subject to change, and refunds are never a problem if these changes are deemed significant or unacceptable by the purchaser.