FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
So many questions... Don't worry! We're here to help.
Q: WHAT ARE YOUR CURRENT COVID-19 OPERATING PROCEDURES?
A: For the most up to date operating policies & procedures, please visit our "COVID-19 UPDATES" page, found HERE.
Q: DO I NEED AN APPOINTMENT TO SHOP FOR A BIKE?
A: NO. BUT WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!
But, we've got to admit that there was something kind of great about bike shopping appointments - and we found that many of our customers loved them too! Focused, efficient, fun... We are happy to provide an awesome appointment-based experience for you, if that's your preference! New for 2022: We've added an Online Booking tool for Shopping Appointments!
Please be aware that our bike inventory is still limited, and probably will be throughout 2022. While we do have many open-stock bikes now, there are many models that will not be available for several months.
We encourage you to start your bike shopping early (like, now!) by booking an appointment, giving us a call, or stopping by to chat with us.
Q: WHY ARE BIKES STILL SO HARD TO GET THIS YEAR?!
A: There was a massive increase in demand for bikes when the pandemic began…
While the current “bike boom” is fantastic news for people’s health and the environment, it is, at the same time, making the process of purchasing a new bike a frustrating task at times. The supply chain has not been able to keep up with the global demand for bicycles, and that means there is a shortage of bikes. Not just here, but everywhere. The good news is that we DO have hundreds of bikes on order, and we receive shipments every week.
While we were hoping that things would be sorted out, caught up, and back to normal by 2022, it looks like it will be at least another year of supply problems ahead of us. Reach out soon to secure a bike for this year or next!
Q: WHAT'S UP WITH THE ETAs ON BIKES, AND WHY ARE THEY ALWAYS CHANGING?
A: Good question - with no easy answer!
While Trek has been doing a pretty outstanding job of estimating when our store will receive our backordered bikes, there are so many variables in the system right now, they can only predict so much... So, Trek is constantly (as in, daily or even hourly) updating us with THE most accurate estimates they can give us.
Most of the recent delays we've seen are due to global shipping problems - port and shipyard congestion, container shortages, labour shortages, truck shortages... so many things are impacting what used to be a relatively simple act of getting a product from point A to point B.
Delays at the manufacturing level are almost always related to parts shortages and/or parts suppliers not being able to deliver the necessary parts to the bike manufacturers in time for the scheduled builds. Sometimes these delays can be foreseen months in advance, and sometimes they are more sudden. Again, Trek is doing a great job of communicating those delays to us as soon as they know about them.
We do our best to keep our customers informed of these changes as we see them, but we encourage all customers that have pre-ordered a bike from us to reach out for ETA updates whenever they like.
Q: HOW DO I “PRE-ORDER” A BIKE FROM YOUR STORE?
A: Follow the steps below to get in the queue for one of the bikes that we expect to see arriving this season:
- Book an appointment online to start the conversation. We can help you narrow down your options and find the best bike for your needs, then discuss estimated timelines for receiving your bike. If you're lucky, we may even have a bike in-stock for you.
- Place a deposit on the bike you want. (Pre-order deposit, pricing & refund policies are outlined below).
Bike Pre-Order Deposit, Pricing & Refund Policies:
- We require a $100 deposit for any bike with an MSRP under $2000. If the MSRP is over $2000, we require a $500 deposit.
- Bike prices quoted at time of pre-order are subject to change, and the final price of the bike will be equal to, but not greater than, Trek’s MSRP at time of pick-up.
- Parts specifications & colours on new bicycles are subject to change, and full refunds will be offered if these changes are deemed significant.
- ETAs are Trek's best estimate for time of delivery, but they are only estimates. A variety of global factors are currently causing delays in delivery times, which are beyond our control. We will do our best to keep you updated of changes, but we expect our customers to reach out to us for updates as needed. If the bike is pushed back by more than 4 weeks from the original timeline discussed, a full refund will be offered.
- Any other cancellation of a pre-order will be subject to an administration fee of $25 + 2% of the MSRP of the bike.