FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
So many questions... Don't worry! We're here to help.
Q: WHAT ARE YOUR CURRENT COVID-19 OPERATING PROCEDURES?
A: For the most up to date operating policies & procedures, please visit our "COVID-19 UPDATES" page, found HERE. Please note that as of April 8th, provincial lockdown restrictions prohibit us from having customers come into the store. Curbside pickup only at this time.
Q: WHY ARE BIKES SO HARD TO GET THIS YEAR?!
A: There has been a massive increase in demand for bikes since the pandemic began… While the current “bike boom” is fantastic news for people’s health and the environment, it is, at the same time, making the process of purchasing a new bike a frustrating task at times. The supply chain cannot keep up to the global demand for bicycles, and that means there is a shortage of bikes. Not just here, but everywhere. The good news is that we DO have hundreds of bikes on order, and we receive shipments every week. If you want a bike this year, please consider placing a pre-order with us asap. Many of our most popular models are already selling out for our spring/summer shipments… Submit your online Pre-Order Inquiry Form, and we will be in touch to help outline the current timelines for getting your new bike.
Q: HOW DO I “PRE-ORDER” A BIKE FROM YOUR STORE?
A: Follow the steps below to get in the queue for one of the bikes that we expect to see this season:
- Submit your Pre-Order Inquiry Form online, and we can help you narrow down your options. If you’ve done some online research already, please mention the bike model that most interests you. Please share as much information as possible via this form.
- A member of our sales team will be in touch with you to discuss available options and estimated timelines for receiving your bike.
- Place a deposit on the bike you want. (Pre-order deposit, pricing & refund policies are outlined below).
- Sit back and relax, knowing that at some point, some day, you WILL get a call that your new bike has arrived!
Bike Pre-Order Deposit, Pricing & Refund Policies:
For bicycle pre-orders with an ETA within 90 days of the order, we require a 50% deposit upfront. This deposit is fully refundable for 7 days. After 7 days, the deposit is only transferable to another bicycle or to in-store credit. (Exception: If the ETA on the bike is pushed back by more than 2 weeks, an option for refund will be offered.) Bike prices quoted are subject to change, and the final price of the bike will be equal to, but not greater than, Trek’s MSRP at time of pick-up. Parts specifications on brand new bicycles are also subject to change, and refunds will be offered if these changes are deemed significant.
Q: DO I NEED AN APPOINTMENT TO SHOP FOR A BIKE?
A: During provincial lockdown, all shopping must be done online, or via phone or email. If you are interested in purchasing a bike this year, please start by submitting an Online "Pre-Order Inquiry Form". Fill out the form, and one of our team will be in touch to let you know if we can match you to one of our bikes on backorder. Requests are attended to in the order which they are received. Due to the high volume of inquiries, it may be a few days before we get back to you. Thanks for your patience!
We will return to an appointment-based shopping model when the restrictions are lifted, but the Pre-Order Inquiry Form will still be the first step for any bike purchase!
Q: DO I NEED AN APPOINTMENT TO SHOP FOR ACCESSORIES OR CLOTHING?
A: During provincial lockdown, all shopping must be done online, or via phone or email, and picked up curbside.
- ONLINE - Via this website...THE most efficient way to purchase any in-stock item! Most orders are being fulfilled within 24 hours - Please be sure to monitor your junkmail & spam folders for your pickup notices!
- PHONE - That is, IF you get through... We've got 3 (THREE!) phone lines now, and yes, they are ALWAYS BUSY! This may not be your most efficient way of making a purchase.
- EMAIL - Via email@example.com... Not necessarily the fastest route to a purchase, but if you aren't yet a full-on "online shopper" this could be a good compromise! Email us what you need, we will check stock, send you an invoice, collect payment via e-transfer, and have your items ready for curbside pickup!)
We will return to an appointment-based shopping model when the restrictions are lifted.